Spay and Neuter Services
McKamey Animal Center offers low-cost spay and neutering services to residents of Hamilton, County Tennessee for dogs and cats. MAC also offers services for community cats or TNR cats. All owned pets must have an appointment to be seen. MAC does not offer wellness exams, parasite treatment or prevention, etc. If you are seeking these services we ask you that you find a local veterinarian.
Spaying and neutering (sometimes called “altering” or “fixing”) your pet has many benefits. It prevents certain cancers, curbs unwanted behaviors like marking and roaming, and most important, eliminates the possibility of unwanted litters of puppies and kittens. McKamey Animal Center offers low-cost cat and dog spay/neuter services by appointment to all pet owner throughout Hamilton County.
Males (Neuter) – $75
Females (Spay) – $100
There is a $30 additional fee for dogs 75 lbs. and over, hernia repair, cryptorchid, dogs that are pregnant or in heat, and other special circumstances.
You must have an appointment for owned dogs. Additional services are available at the time of surgery. Vaccinations ($20 each), microchips ($20 each), etc. are available for purchase at the time your appointment is scheduled.
Males (Neuter) – $50
Females (Spay) – $60
This is for owned, domesticated cats. All cats must be brought to MAC in a secure carrier.
You must have an appointment for domesticated, or owned cats. Additional services are available at the time of surgery. Vaccinations ($20 each), microchips ($20 each), etc. are available for purchase at the time your appointment is scheduled.
Community Cat & TNR Services
One community cat – $35
Additional cats – $25 each
This is for not-owned, feral, and community/colony cats only.
Community Cats are only done on Wednesday’s and no appointment is needed.
Only two cats per person are permitted for TNR surgeries. Only a certain number of cats will be operated on every Wednesday due to capacity issues. These spots are given on a first-come, first-served basis and do not need an appointment. Read more about our Community Cat program here.
Important Surgery Information
- Surgeries are booked on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Appointment is required.
- Please drop your pet off between 8:00 am and 9:00 am at MAC.
- Plan to pick up your animal between 3:00 and 4:00 pm the same day.
- Cats must be brought in a secure carrier or trap. All dogs must be brought in on a secure leash and collar.
- If you are a resident of the city of Chattanooga, Red Bank, or Lakesite please note you are also required to purchase a city license for your cat or dog at an additional cost of $10 per license.
- Proof of a Rabies vaccine is required for all owned dogs or cats to receive surgery. If your pet is not up to date on a Rabies vaccine, MAC will provide one for $20 at the time of surgery.
Ready to Schedule an Appointment?
McKamey Animal Center
4500 N. Access Rd.
Chattanooga, TN 37415
McKamey Animal Center was founded in 2008, serving the pets and people of the cities of Chattanooga, Red Bank and Lakesite, Tennessee. MAC is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit charitable organization.